finchleyclinic

finchleyclinic

Is It Possible to Keep Yourself Looking Young?

Mmm, well this question has been asked throughout the ages. In ancient times, we had the village shaman making us potions and casting spells, then in the Middle Ages, we had elixirs and magical potions; today we have a wealth of supplements and much advice, but is it possible to keep yourself looking young? We’re going to explore this question in more depth.

Is It Possible to Keep Yourself Looking Young?
The short answer is no, it’s not possible to keep yourself looking young. However, you can do a lot to slow down the aging process, and reverse some of the appearance of aging. You won’t be able to stem the tide forever, but you can slow it down and you can stay looking as youthful as possible while you’re still alive.

Let’s now explore the ways that you can do this:

1.    Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Above all else, this is the key to staying youthful, and it means so many different things. It includes:

a.    Eating a good diet – making sure that you get all of your nutrients and vitamins, and that you avoid eating foods that may damage your body.

b.    Taking sufficient amounts of exercise – notice we said sufficient. Some people take exercise too far and do too much. If you’re going to run 6 marathons a year, don’t expect your body to go unpunished. That type of exercise is maybe taking it too far.

c.    Maintaining an optimistic outlook – yes, the science is back and being optimistic can add up to 20 years to your life. Well it’s more like the other way around, that being pessimistic can take years off, but we chose the optimistic route!

d.    Keep a decent social circle around yourself – the happiest people are surrounded by people that love them. It doesn’t have to be family; just a decent support network will help you keep you young.

2.    Take the right lotions and potions. Although, there are many lotions and potions on the market, they don’t all do a good job. However, some do. For example, collagen tablets will help to maintaining your youthful looks for longer – collagen is the skin’s “scaffolding”, without it, it sags.

In terms of lotions, we’re not sure about some of the ingredients, but moisturisers and youth elixirs that contain an SPF of at least 15 are good for preventing sun damage, which can age you hugely, and can cause skin cancer.

3.    Opting for plastic surgery. Whilst, it’s not yet perfect, plastic surgery has come on a long way in recent years, and much of it is very subtle. You might notice things such as Botox and fillers, but even they’re becoming less noticeable. Eyebrow and face-lifts are nowadays barely evident, and most people won’t notice unless they know the person very well. However, we would always stress the importance of choosing a good surgeon. This is a highly skilled operation, and the better they are, the more natural the look will be.

In conclusion, while you can’t stem the flow, there are some things that you can do to keep onto your looks as long as possible.

If you would like to check out a collection of youth-maintaining supplements, then please visit thefinchleyclinic.com/shop