The colon is one of the most important organs in your body, although you probably wouldn’t know this, given that it’s rarely talked about – particularly in polite conversation! However, it’s responsible for extracting nutrients from the food you eat. If it’s not working, your body isn’t getting what it needs and this can affect every other organ, including the brain, lungs and heart. Here, we’re going to look at the reasons why it’s important to clean your colon. First, though, we’re going to look at what you can do to keep it clean.
How to Keep Your Colon Clean
There are three key ways that you can keep your colon clean and healthy:
1. Colon cleanser: before you start to adopt the changes that follow, you can opt for a colon cleanser that will kick-start the process. There are a number of different options, including invasive treatments, such as colonic irrigation, and non-invasive treatments, such as tablets and powders. You should research the various options available and choose one with which you’re comfortable.
2. Eat a healthy diet: the colon thrives when it’s given the nutrients it needs, and it gets these from the food that you eat. You must eat a balanced and varied diet replete with fruit, veg, lean meats and complex carbohydrates. The colon needs high levels of fibre, vitamins and minerals, and eating such a diet provides it with all it needs.
3. Exercise: exercise has so many benefits through the body, and one of its benefits is its effects on digestive health. It helps to regulate your metabolism; it introduces oxygen to the body (particularly aerobic exercise); and it gives you more energy.
The Effects of a Healthy Colon on the Body
There are so many positive effects in having a healthy colon. These include:
1. Feeding the body with nutrients and vitamins: as your body improves its digestion, it will be better equipped to absorb nutrients from your food. This will influence the entire body. You will have healthier joints, healthier blood, healthier organs and healthier skin. Overall, this will contribute to a high sense of general wellbeing. It can even help to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression. You know what they say: ‘a healthy body leads to a healthy mind’. This is categorically true and is supported by empirical evidence.
2. Bowel health: a healthy colon means healthy bowels. This means that your digestive system will be balanced and regular. You'll be able to predict toilet times and your body will start to work to a schedule. This makes the bowels happy; they just plod along doing what they’re meant to do. It will all become much more predictable. It will have an overall effect on homeostasis; you will find that your sleep pattern improves, that your moods are balanced and that you have an increased sense of control.
If you are interested in learning more about colon cleansing, or you would like to buy a colon cleanser, then please visit www.thefinchleyclinic.com/shop/