finchleyclinic

finchleyclinic

Some Tips To StrengthenThe Immune System

It is a fact that most of us live longer than our grandparents. It is also true that we see more chronic illnesses now than before. This is just because when our grandparents were alive they probably died before these illnesses became apparent.

Longevity has had much to do with more efficient medication and antibiotics have been one of the most successful drugs. However, pathogens have become resistant to them and it is now time to strengthen our immune system by other means.

To this end it is worth having a look at health products London to see what can be done to achieve this. We should also look at more natural means to keep our immune system strong through a better diet that should include fresh produce, whole flour and we should reduce our sugar intake.

If you want to do this gradually then dietary supplements can set you on the path to cleanse your digestive tract and increase your vitamin and mineral intake. Most of the products sold by reputable supplement providers are wholly natural and very often suitable for vegetarians unless otherwise stated.

A very elderly friend was recently advised by her physician to increase her intake of probiotics to make sure that she is less likely to succumb to winter ailments that could make her very ill or even kill her at her very advanced age of 92.

Her secret to health is also to keep as mobile as possible and she swims every day. If you keep moving you will also keep a strong circulation going and swimming is an excellent way to exercise the muscles.

If you are genuinely interested in changing your fast food diet for natural products, there is no better way than to have a look what your local farmer’s market has to offer. Vegetables that are in season are often fresher than imported foodstuffs.

With so many food, baking and cooking programmes currently on television there are plenty ideas for recipes and it is fun to create your own dishes.